We are seeking an experienced Customer Support Representative to join our team! Are you passionate about providing excellent customer service and making a positive impact with every interaction? Are you equally committed to improving customers’ health and wellness? If the answer is yes, you may be the candidate we are seeking.
We are two family-owned companies in the health food and alternative health and wellness industries. The Dr. Cowan brands are inspired by the work of Dr. Tom Cowan, a well-known holistic medicine doctor, author and public speaker, whose life mission is to be a healing force in the world, working to improve human, ecological and economic health and wellness.
Dr. Cowan’s Garden (www.drcowansgarden.com) makes and sells beyond organic vegetable powders to help people easily diversify their vegetable consumption, and kitchen staples featuring a wholesome selection of nutrient-dense grains and legumes. We sell direct-to-consumer through our website, social media and Amazon. We support farmers using regenerative farming practices by bringing their produce to a wider audience through our products and platform.
Dr. Tom Cowan (www.drtomcowan.com) is dedicated to the work and treatments developed by Dr. Thomas S. Cowan over his decades of experience in the alternative medicine field. Our mission is to provide a collaborative forum for the exchange of knowledge, products and practices that enable us to forge a new world together, governed by the relentless pursuit of truth, and in support of the five aspects of holistic health: physical, emotional, social, spiritual and intellectual; a world that is clean, safe, joyful and meets the true needs of all living things.
Customer Support Representative Job Responsibilities
- Provide customer service for both brands: Dr. Cowan’s Garden and Dr. Tom Cowan.
- Serve customers by providing product and service information and resolving product and service problems.
- Attract potential customers by answering product and service questions and suggesting information about other products and services.
- Open customer accounts by recording account information.
- Maintain customer records by updating account information.
- Support liaison for fulfillment centers, and domestic and international shipping, under direction of the Customer Service Manager.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Maintain financial accounts by processing customer adjustments, and manual orders as needed.
- Recommend potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Prepare product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Reports to Customer Service Manager.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
$24,000-$28,000 annually, commensurate with skills and experience
Remote 4 days/week, In Office 1 day/week
Customer Support Representative Qualifications / Skills:
- Customer service
- Product knowledge
- Market knowledge
- Willing to promote our philosophies on health and wellness (please visit our websites for more information before applying)
- Quality focus
- Problem solving
- Documentation skills
- Phone skills
- Resolving conflict
- Analyzing information
Education and Experience Requirements
- University/college degree is an asset
- Familiarity with Shopify ecommerce platform is a plus
- Previous experience, especially in health and wellness, preferred
What Year One Will Look Like
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Gain a basic overview of our businesses
- Learn the core functions of our technology tools
- Be able to manage customer orders and simple inquiries
- Field more complex inquiries to the appropriate parties
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Develop a deeper knowledge of our products
- Begin fielding more complex inquiries
- Learn additional functions of our technology tools
- Handle more complex customer inquiries
Within 12 months, you’ll:
- Be able to match customer needs with specific products
- Field most complex customer inquiries
- Understand the capabilities of our technologies
- Make recommendations for improving our services to customers
Interested? Apply Now:
Send your resume and all other inquiries regarding this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dr. Cowan’s Garden is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.