Graphic Designer-Part Time (7-10 hours/week – Remote/Flexible Hours)
Dr. Cowan’s Garden, Mooresville, NC, USA
We are seeking a skilled and proven graphic designer to join our marketing team on various design projects in support of our marketing efforts! You will work closely with our Social Media Manager and Creative Director to develop deliverables (graphics, web pages, photography, packaging, video, etc.) according to specifications, as well as provide original creative ideas/comps. This role will support the design and creative functions for both Dr. Cowan brands: Dr. Cowan’s Garden and Dr. Tom Cowan. The successful candidate for this position will have fresh ideas, be open to learning more, create impressive designs and have a keen eye for detail. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and is skilled in the latest design trends, responsive web and mobile best practices.
We are two family-owned companies in the health food and alternative health and wellness industries. The Dr. Cowan brands are inspired by the work of Dr. Tom Cowan, a well-known holistic medicine doctor, author and public speaker, whose life mission is to be a healing force in the world, working to improve human, ecological and economic health and wellness.
Dr. Cowan’s Garden (www.drcowansgarden.com) makes and sells beyond organic vegetable powders to help people easily diversify their vegetable consumption, and kitchen staples featuring a wholesome selection of nutrient-dense grains and legumes. We sell direct-to-consumer through our website, social media and Amazon. We support farmers using regenerative farming practices by bringing their produce to a wider audience through our products and platform.
Dr. Tom Cowan (www.drtomcowan.com) is dedicated to the work and treatments developed by Dr. Thomas S. Cowan over his decades of experience in the alternative medicine field. Our mission is to provide a collaborative forum for the exchange of knowledge, products and practices that enable us to forge a new world together, governed by the relentless pursuit of truth, and in support of the five aspects of holistic health: physical, emotional, social, spiritual and intellectual; a world that is clean, safe, joyful and meets the true needs of all living things.
Graphic Designer Job Responsibilities:
- Works under Creative Director, in collaboration with the Marketing team, to design and implement creative graphics and content, both print and digital, on time and within budget, using appropriate “brand voice,” style guidelines and positioning
- Create layouts and edits videos and graphics for various applications (web, email, social, paid ads, packaging and printed promotional materials)
- Plan concept by gathering and studying information, materials, and art direction provided
- Illustrate concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding art dimensions, typography, graphics, composition
- Obtain approval of concept by submitting rough layout to Creative Director for approval
- Complete revisions as necessary
- Prepare finished work in approved final format and obtain final approval
- Coordinate utilization of final work as instructed and centrally archive all original layered files
- Suggest and help implement new ideas for creative content
- Stay current on new digital technologies and graphic design best practices
- Reports to Creative Director, with dotted line to Marketing Director and Social Media Manager
$30 per hour (7-10 hours a week depending on workload)
Part Time (estimated 7-10 hours/week)
Remote with Flexible Hours
Graphic Designer Qualifications / Skills:
- 2-3 years of proven experience in graphic design
- Solid understanding of graphic design principles, photography, video and printing procedures
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro; InDesign a plus
- Experience with HTML/CSS a plus, especially Shopify
- Familiarity with productions and rendering methods, including drawing, offset printing, photography, and interactive media
- Basic photo and video editing skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Team player who operates with urgency, focus and discipline
- Detail oriented and skilled at multitasking
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Willing to promote our philosophies on health and wellness (please visit both our websites for more information before applying)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience with graphic design across digital and print platforms
- Proven experience with photo and video editing
- Familiarity with Shopify e-commerce platform is a plus
- Previous experience in health and wellness industry is preferred
- Some knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics is a plus
Interested? Apply Now:
Send your resume, portfolio, and all other inquiries regarding this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dr. Cowan’s Garden is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.