Dr. Tom Cowan, Mooresville, NC, USA
We are seeking a highly organized Social Media Coordinator with excellent communication skills to join our team and support our social media presence! You will work closely with our Social Media Manager to execute our social media plan across multiple channels, including helping to create and publish engaging content that includes compelling text, graphics and video, ensuring all channels are up-to-date and brand-focused. The successful candidate for this position will be creative, organized and flexible, and fully competent in the latest digital technologies and social media trends.
We are three family-owned companies in the health food and alternative health and wellness industries. The Cowan Brands are inspired by the work of Dr. Tom Cowan, a well-known holistic medicine doctor, author and public speaker, whose life mission is to be a healing force in the world, working to improve human, ecological and economic health and wellness.
Dr. Cowan’s Garden (www.drcowansgarden.com makes and sells beyond organic vegetable powders to help people easily diversify their vegetable consumption, pantry staples featuring a wholesome selection of nutrient-dense grains and legumes and pasture products such as ghee and pasture-raised meats. We sell direct-to-consumer through our website, social media and Amazon. We support farmers using regenerative farming practices by bringing their produce to a wider audience through our products and platform.
Dr. Tom Cowan (www.drtomcowan.com) is dedicated to the work and treatments developed by Dr. Thomas S. Cowan over his decades of experience in the alternative medicine field. Our mission is to provide a collaborative forum for the exchange of knowledge, products and practices that enable us to forge a new world together, governed by the relentless pursuit of truth, and in support of the five aspects of holistic health: physical, emotional, social, spiritual and intellectual; a world that is clean, safe, joyful and meets the true needs of all living things.
New Biology (www.thenewbiology.com) includes the New Biology Clinic, a membership-based program that provides virtual wellness consults on demand, as well as group and one-on-one movement training sessions, webinars and other benefits. Newly added, our New Biology Curriculum is an education center for practitioners and others to learn and practice the principles of the New Biology, an alternative medicine discipline focused on natural healing as nature intended.
Social Media Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Works under Social Media Manager to generate, edit, publish and share engaging content on social platforms daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news), using appropriate “brand voice,” style guidelines and positioning
- Suggest and help implement new ideas for social media content
- Repurpose content across all mainstream and alternative platforms, modifying graphics, text and video as needed for each channel
- Assist with affiliate and influencer outreach
- Assist with podcast interview research and outreach
- Create video clips of larger videos to repurpose for social media
- Coordinate all company social media accounts to ensure up-to-date content across channels
- Support execution of email campaigns and flows
- Assist with execution of SEO and user engagement strategies for content optimization
- Stay current on new digital technologies and social media best practices
- Assist with large projects, events and community management
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Reports to Social Media Manager, with dotted line to Marketing Director
$29,000-$36,000 annually, commensurate with skills and experience
Full Time Remote
Occasional travel for conferences and other company business may be required (NC resident preferred)
Social Media Coordinator Qualifications / Skills:
- 1-2 years of proven experience coordinating social media campaigns across various channels
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Photo and video editing skills
- Team player, with excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented and skilled at multitasking
- Willing to promote our philosophies on health and wellness (please visit our websites for more information before applying)
Education and Experience Requirements
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience with social media marketing across multiple channels
- Proven copywriting skills
- Proven experience with photo and video editing
- Familiarity with Shopify ecommerce platform is a plus
- Previous experience in health and wellness industry is preferred
- Some knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics is a plus
What Year One Will Look Like
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Gain a basic overview of our businesses
- Learn the core functions of our technology tools
- Be able to coordinate posts on all social channels, under the direction of the Social Media Manager
- Be able to clip video content for posting across channels
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Develop a deeper knowledge of our products and philosophies
- Be able to work more independently in the execution of your responsibilities, under the direction of the Social Media Manager
- Identify opportunities for repurposing content and execute them
- Begin executing SEO changes in collaboration with Social Media Manager and Marketing Director
- Learn additional functions of our technology tools and make recommendations
Within 12 months, you’ll:
- Be able to provide insights and recommendations for social media strategies and content
- Understand and utilize the capabilities of our technologies
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement
Interested? Apply Now:
Send your resume and all other inquiries regarding this opportunity to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dr. Cowan’s Garden is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.