There are more than seventy signs of thyroid imbalances (see a few below), which may impair your patient’s health. As the normal thyroid regulates metabolism, imbalances in the thyroid may first come to your attention as decreasing levels of energy – tiredness, lethargy, muscle aches and the like. With just a few drops of Iosol (water-soluble non toxic ammonium iodide), metabolism can be dramatically changed to support as a food supplement.
The most common complaints, after low energy levels are: depression, cold hands and feet, inability to gain or lose weight, loss of hair, brittle or irregular nails, redness and chaffing behind the heels. As with all issues of your health you should see your health professional whether Iosol or any health product is appropriate for your condition.
AN UNDER-FUNCTIONING THYROID IS OFTEN UNDETECTED ON A BLOOD PANEL
According to Broda Barnes, M.D. the blood test criterion for thyroid disease should never be the “be-all or end-all” in the diagnosis. This is just one parameter, and often an inadequate one! The best test for hypothyroidism is the basal metabolic rate: (BMR)
- Place a thermometer by your bed. Shake the thermometer down to below 96 degrees.
- Immediately upon waking place the thermometer under your armpit and leave it there for 10 minutes before getting up.
- The reading should be between 98.2 degrees and 97.2. Outside that reading generally indicates a thyroid imbalance.
Other ways to check the thyroid are TBM, AK therapy localize, iodine skin test.
Jeffrey Bland, Ph.D. says “there are certain other blood test criteria to corroborate the hypothyroid diagnosis with the Barnes basal metabolic rate.
- Cholesterol in excess of 252
- Triglyceride level greater than 200
- Total CPK level above 30
- Bunt to creatinine ration less than 12
- LDH level greater than 40
- Cholesterol to HDL level greater than 5
- Increased B-2 fraction in lipoprotein electrophoresis.”
A note on dosage: On the Iosol bottle, the Food Supplement Panel gives directions for us that is to meet the recommended daily requirement as stated by the FDA, It further reads Or use as recommended by your Doctor or Health Professional. For some patients a safe typical dosage is ten to fifteen drops a day for ten days to two weeks. You can back off to a maintenance dose of one to five drops a day or none at all for period of time.
Do not use sodium or a potassium iodide in the above protocol. Those iodides are not water soluble. These iodides can cause some patients allergic reactions, heart palpitations, and depress the thyroid. (see below list) Iosol does not do this.
Notes on use of Iosol are based on the research of John C. This, Sr.M.D., D.C., N.D. Iosol’s formulator and author of A New Approach to Therapy, and Fountain of Youth Vol. 1 and II and Physiognomical Diagnosis. Blaney, D.C. Doctor Notes on the uses and protocol of TPCS formulae; David Williams, D.C., Alternatives Newsletter February 1999; Broda O. Barnes, M.D., Hypo-thyroidism: The unsuspected Illlness; Stephen Langer, M.D., Solved: The Riddle of Illness.
SIGNS OF POSSIBLE IODINE DEFICIENCY
- Allergic manigestation, hives
- Bronchial asthma
- Bronchial cough
- Cartilage tenderness, intercoastals rib tenderness
- Cellular exhaustion
- Children: inhibited development
- Cold hands and feet
- Digestion disturbances
- Enlargement of glands, other than thyroid
- Eye dryness
- Fungi infections
- Goiter: simple
- Incomplete functioning of glands, especially thyroid
- Infection vulnerability
- Low basal metabolic rate
- Low blood and saliva iodine levels
- Low energy
- Malignancy tendency
- Nerve trunk pressure
- Overabundance of mucous secretions
- Radiation exposure – thyroid gland symptoms resulting from accidental or wartime exposure to radiation.
- Reduced flow of endo-secretions
- Respiration difficulties
- Serous accumulation
IOSOL – Ammonium iodide and iodine and vegetarian glycerin
The reason to use this iodine; along with possible diagnostic positive (+) side effects:
- Elevates thyroid metabolism
- Increase energy
- Restores the electrical balance
- Reduces mucous
- Thins the blood and makes the system work faster
Other possible side effects
- Headaches indicates other deficiencies
- Metallica taste usually indicates deficiency
- Nose becomes “runny” and indicator of sufficient IOSOL
Potassium/Sodium iodine and iodide (NOT IOSOL) may cause the following toxic (-) effects:
- Abdominal pain
- Black, tarry stools
- Confusion, disorientation
- False elevation in thyroid function
- Heart palpatations
- Interferes with electrical balance
- Interferes with naturally occurring steroids
- Irregular heartbeat
- Irreversible or chronic hyperthyroid gland activity
- Skin rash
- Sore teeth or gums
- Stomach disturbance, nausea
- Swollen neck or throat Tiredness or weakness
Additional notes on Thyroid Health:
It is essential to nourish and cleanse our thyroid gland even if blood tests show it is working fine. Other key products for Thyroid health would be Pristine Proteins, Coconut oil, Maca, Magnesium, MSM, and Detoxify.