Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil - Raw, Wild, Sustainable
Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil - Raw, Wild, Sustainable
We are pleased to carry the one and only Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil, the only fresh, wild-caught and raw cod liver oil in the world. Sustainably hook and line caught in the pristine seas of Norway, our cod liver oil contains naturally occurring vitamins A and D, and a full spectrum of omega fatty acids, including omega-3 EPA and DHA.
The Rosita family controls the entire process, from fish to bottle, enabling us to offer you the most nutrient-dense, clean source of cod liver oil on the market.
* IMPORTANT: Always check with a certified healthcare practitioner before beginning a new supplement. And please remember, Rosita is premium, pure and potent. Therefore, it’s critically important to start slowly, with a lower dosage than recommended. For example, a very small dose every other day, or even once a week, until you can determine how the fresh cod liver oil affects your body and what feels right for you and your family.
Liquid: Wild-caught cod liver oil, rosemary, organic vitamin E.
Softgels: Wild-caught cod liver oil,
rosemary, organic vitamin E, softgel (fish gelatin, water, glycerin).
Softgels: Best taken with food, as needed.
- Adults: 3 softgels daily. (90 capsule bottle will last 30 days).
- Children and sensitive individuals: Begin by taking 1 softgel daily. The softgels may be punctured with a pin and the oil expressed into the mouths of young children.
- Infants (as approved by doctor): 1 to 3 drops daily. The softgels may be punctured with a pin and the oil expressed into the mouth of an infant.
- Pregnant and nursing mothers: Do not exceed more than 3 softgels daily.
- Low and slow: Rosita is premium, pure and potent. Therefore, it’s critically important to start slowly, with a low dosage. For example, 1 softgel (or less) every other day, until you can determine how the oil affects your body and what dosage feels right for you.
Liquid: Best taken with food, as needed.
- Adults: 1/2 to 1 teaspoon daily.
- Children and sensitive individuals: 1 to 4 drops daily.
- Infants (as approved by doctor): 1 to 3 drops daily. Drops may be administered by spoon or by dropper prior to feeding.
- Pregnant and nursing mothers: Do not exceed more than ¼ teaspoon daily.
- Low and slow: Rosita is premium, pure and potent. Therefore, it’s critically important to start slowly, with a lower dosage than recommended. For example, a very small dose every other day, or even once a week, until you can determine how the supplement affects your body and what dosage feels right for you.
How to take Rosita Liquid
Here are some quick tips on “prepping” your pure cod liver oil for the most optimal taste:
- Before taking your preferred dose, take it out of the fridge and set it on the counter for two minutes.
- Then shake! This allows your oil to be properly distributed (it’s a full-spectrum oil, so shaking it makes for a consistent taste).
- Some people like to enjoy a slice of orange afterward for a refreshing chaser.
Both the liquid and the softgels are stored in traditional amber glass bottles to extend shelf life and minimize micro-plastics.
- Refrigerate upon receiving. (Please note, Rosita fish oils are nitrogen-flushed to remove oxygen before sealing the bottle, which preserves the oil’s freshness in all temperatures).
- Once opened, consume within three months (oil may become thick and cloudy when cold).
- Unopened bottles can be stored in the freezer for up to three years from the product’s production date.
- To maintain the Rosita softgels in the best possible state for the longest time, keep them in dark storage at room temperature, ideally ranging from 58°F to 78°F (15°C to 25°C). Short temperature exposure either way has little-to-no impact on the oil.
- Cold temperatures over prolonged periods can increase the permeability of the gel and so they should not be refrigerated or frozen.
- The shelf life of Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil softgels is three years from the production date.
Why is Rosita the best cod liver oil?
Most commercial cod liver oils are highly processed with heat that decimates the naturally occurring vitamins A and D, and damages the fragile omega-3 fatty acids. Most producers make up for this loss by adding synthetic vitamins. In contrast, the Rosita family maintains full control of the entire process from fish to bottle, giving you the most precious and nutritional cod liver oil on the market.
Unprocessed: Raw and handcrafted in small batches using a rare, exclusive and generations-old cold-process extraction technique that turns to nature to separate the oil from the livers (with a gentle temperature shift). No heat, bleach, solvents, mechanics, winterization, or chemicals are used.
Fresh: Fish to fresh oil within hours!
Rich nutrients & no synthetic vitamins: Contains only naturally occurring vitamin A and vitamin D, and a full spectrum of omega-3 fatty acids in the concentration and proportion nature intended:
- Our liquid cod liver oil provides 395 IU vitamin D3 per teaspoon and 3,900 IU vitamin A per teaspoon (with some variation batch-by-batch due to naturally occurring seasonal shifts).
- The liquid also gives you 443 mg EPA and 605 mg DHA per teaspoon, along with a full spectrum of omega fats, including 3 (DHA and EPA), 4, 6, 7, 9 and 11.
- The softgels provide 3 mcg Vitamin D and 365 mcg of vitamin A per serving (3 softgels). Please note that it takes 9 softgels to give you the equivalent of one teaspoon of our liquid cod liver oil.
Sustainable: Authentic cod (gadus morhua) is sustainably caught via hook and line on Rosita’s own fishing boats, off the coast of northern Norway.
Ships safely in all temps: Nitrogen-flushed, oxygen-free glass bottle protects the liquid oil’s nutrients and allows for shipping in all temperatures, even without cold packs. The softgels remain shelf-stable throughout their shelf-life.
Safe: Each batch is 3rd-party tested in a microbiological laboratory and certified to meet strict European regulations for potency and purity (including heavy metals testing).
Natural antioxidants: A tiny drop of rosemary herb extract and vitamin E extract from sunflower seeds (that naturally includes mixed tocopherols and is GMO-free) are added to maintain freshness.
Taste: Golden oil tastes like robust, wild-caught fish. Nothing added to mask your oil’s all-natural taste.
Benefits: Studies show cod liver oil nutrients support immunity (detoxification), vision, reproduction, bone and brain health; may reduce inflammation and promote healthy skin.
How do I choose between liquid and softgels (capsules)?
Both products contain the same pure product. The deciding factors are price, convenience, suitability, and taste.
The liquid offers more servings compared to softgels and is therefore more economical. It takes 9 softgels to equal 1 teaspoon of liquid.
The liquid oil is nitrogen-flushed and oxygen free, making it safe to ship in all temperatures. However, once opened, it must be refrigerated and used within 3 months. The softgels are shelf-stable, so more convenient for storage and travel, and have a shelf-life of three years from production.
The liquid is suitable for infants, small children and those who cannot swallow the softgels.
The liquid tastes like robust, wild-caught fish. Nothing added to mask your oil’s all-natural taste. If you wish to avoid the taste of fresh fish, you may choose the softgels.
In summary, most people who choose liquid do so for the savings, the versatility of dosing and to avoid swallowing the softgels. Most people who choose softgels do so for the convenience and shelf-stability, to avoid the fish flavor, and/or for use during travel.
Benefits of Liquid Cod Liver Oil
Because Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil is fresh, wild-caught and raw, taking a spoonful of the liquid is akin to eating a piece of nutrient-rich, fresh fish. This means your body will recognize Rosita as real food, rather than a processed supplement.
In addition, the vitamins in your Rosita cod liver oil are fat-soluble, meaning they’re stored in the body’s fat and used as needed.
Benefits of Cod Liver Oil Softgels
Here are a handful of reasons why many prefer our cod liver oil capsules:
- No refrigeration needed, as the softgel protects the oil from oxidation.
- No fresh fish taste.
- Fantastic for travel.
- Fish collagen softgel casing is easily absorbed and supports skin, hair, nail and joint health.*
- Can ship safely to you in all temperatures, without cold packs (oil is protected from oxygen by its softgel casing).