Cowan Brands, Mooresville, NC, USA
We are seeking an experienced customer support representative to join our team! Are you passionate about providing excellent customer service and making a positive impact with every interaction? Are you equally committed to improving customers’ health and wellness? If the answer is yes, you may be the candidate we are seeking.
Cowan Brands consists of four family-owned companies in the health food and alternative health and wellness industries. The Cowan brands are inspired by the work of Dr. Tom Cowan, a well-known holistic medicine doctor, author and public speaker, whose life mission is to be a healing force in the world; working to improve human, ecological and economic health and wellness.
Dr. Cowan’s Garden (www.drcowansgarden.com) makes and sells beyond organic vegetable powders to help people easily diversify their vegetable consumption, pantry staples featuring a wholesome selection of nutrient-dense grains and legumes and pasture products such as ghee and pasture-raised meats. We sell direct-to-consumer through our website, social media and Amazon. We support farmers using regenerative farming practices by bringing their produce to a wider audience through our products and platform.
Dr Tom Cowan LLC (www.drtomcowan.com) is dedicated to the work and treatments developed by Dr. Thomas S. Cowan over his decades of experience in the alternative medicine field. Our mission is to provide a collaborative forum for the exchange of knowledge, products and practices that enable us to forge a new world together, governed by the relentless pursuit of truth, and in support of the five aspects of holistic health: physical, emotional, social, spiritual and intellectual; a world that is clean, safe, joyful and meets the true needs of all living things.
New Biology Clinic LLC (www.newbiologyclinic.com) has a mission to provide caring and individualized support to help people take charge of their own health and wellness journey. We offer individual or family membership services and provide private health consults as needed, plus a growing list of membership enrichment benefits, such as webinars on health topics, group fitness sessions and more.
New Biology Curriculum LLC (www.newbiologycurriculum.com) Is dedicated to offering premium online learning opportunities, to practitioners and others, that answer questions like, “What makes us sick and how do we heal and live to our fullest potential?” using facts, critical thinking, and adherence to proper scientific methods based on the New Biology Philosophy established by Dr. Cowan. We welcome anyone who wishes to join us: M.D.s, natural healers, and other curious minds.
Customer Support Representative Job Responsibilities
- Provide customer support for all brands: Dr. Cowan’s Garden, Dr. Tom Cowan, New Biology Clinic and New Biology Curriculum.
- Serve customers at Dr. Cowan’s Garden and Dr. Tom Cowan by providing product and service information and resolving product and service problems.
- Help answer questions from enrolled and potential learners about the New Biology Curriculum, provide detailed information on courses, problem solve any technical issues learners may have while navigating their member dashboard, enroll interested learners, and provide follow-up communication accordingly.
- Empathetically listen and respond to health-related concerns send from individuals about themselves or their loved ones while offering helpful resources from our websites and clinic.
- Answer questions about our New Biology Clinic, provide detailed information about our services and guide them into membership, if appropriate. As a member of the Care Team, you will communicate regularly with clients and our practitioners, as well as help with technical issues, scheduling, billing, product information, enrichment services and more.
- Attract potential customers by answering product and service questions and suggesting information about other products and services, providing links to blogs, interviews, recipes, webinars and more, in order to help them make informed decision on the best products and services for their needs.
- Open customer accounts by recording account information.
- Maintain customer records by updating account information.
- Support liaison for fulfillment centers and domestic and international shipping, under direction of the Customer Support Manager.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Maintain financial accounts by processing customer adjustments, and manual orders as needed.
- Recommend potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Prepare product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Reports to the Customer Support Manager.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
$28,000-$32,000 annually, commensurate with skills and experience
Optional In Person Work Days Available
Customer Support Representative Qualifications / Skills:
- Customer service
- Product knowledge
- Market knowledge
- Willing to promote our philosophies on health and wellness (please visit our websites for more information before applying)
- Quality focus
- Problem solving
- Documentation skills
- Phone skills
- Resolving conflict
- Analyzing information
Education and Experience Requirements
- University/college degree is an asset
- Familiarity with Shopify ecommerce platform is a plus
- Previous experience, especially in health and wellness, preferred
- General Spreadsheet knowledge
- Ability and willingness to learn new software programs.
- Excellent Customer Support skills such as: communication via email, phone and live chat
What Year One Will Look Like
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Gain a basic overview of our businesses
- Learn the core functions of our technology tools
- Be able to manage customer orders and simple inquiries
- Field more complex inquiries to the appropriate parties
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Develop a deeper knowledge of our products and services
- Begin fielding more complex inquiries
- Learn additional functions of our technology tools
- Handle more complex customer inquiries
- Navigate all websites from the front and back ends.
Within 12 months, you’ll:
- Be able to match customer needs with specific products and services
- Field most complex customer inquiries
- Understand the capabilities of our technologies
- Make recommendations for improving our services to customers
- Handle needs as they arise from our stores - Dr. Tom Cowan and Dr. Cowan’s Garden as well as mange curriculum learner accounts and Clinic client accounts.
Interested? Apply Now:
Send your resume, cover letter and all other inquiries regarding this opportunity to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dr. Cowan’s Garden is equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.